A Great Loving Yourself Quote from Julie Orlov
This quote is from Julie Orlov. In her own words below, Julie talks about this quote and the loving yourself lesson.
One of your most important assets is your personal integrity. Creating healthy boundaries that work for you and maintaining those boundaries with yourself and others is vital to your on-going well-being. So how do you begin to build your personal integrity? Here are few things to consider.
• Start to pay attention to how you treat yourself—are your thoughts about yourself kind and supportive? What opinions about yourself do you share with others? Are you self-deprecating or self-forgiving?
• What behaviors do you tolerate from others? How do you want to be treated?
• When others treat you in unacceptable ways, how do you respond? Do you set limits? How much will you tolerate before you remove that person from your life?
• If you make a commitment to yourself or others, do you keep your word? If you are unable to keep your word, do you communicate this and make a new commitment?
• Are your actions in alignment with your personal values and goals? Do you take full responsibility for yourself and your life?
Developing integrity with yourself is not always easy. We are human. However, making the commitment and doing the work of building your “integrity muscle” will boost your well-being and increase your personal freedom and power.
Julie Orlov has devoted 24 years to helping people transform their lives through her work as a psychotherapist, executive coach, trainer, speaker, and consultant. In addition to working with individuals, couples, groups, and organizations all over the world, she has written and published a variety of articles and appeared on radio and television programs. She holds a master’s degree in Organizational Leadership from Chapman University, a master’s degree in Social Work from University of Southern California, and a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from University of California, Los Angeles. She currently lives in Southern California with her two lovely daughters, one loyal canine companion, and one temperamental love bird.